If you would like to register for AeroInnovate’s 2017 Pitch & Mingle, click here.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
AeroInnovate Announces 2017 Accelerator Participants
OSHKOSH, WISCONSIN (May 10th, 2017) – AeroInnovate announces Drone Terminus, PreFlight Aviation Camp, Sonin Aerospace, TakeFlight Interactive, and Tellus Aerospace as the 2017 virtual accelerator program participants.
The participants in this year’s accelerator will bring a new design, modification or service that may revolutionize the aviation industry. The 9th Annual Pitch & Mingle will be held on Wednesday July 26th at 6 p.m. at a private hangar, 635 20th Avenue, Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
The Pitch & Mingle draws hundreds of investors and industry partners annually with a passion for aerospace and aviation. AeroInnovate provides access to capital, expertise, and mentorship to participants.
- DroneTerminus was founded in 2016 by Joe McMillian and Mark Messina in Boca Raton, Florida. Drone Terminus makes an appliance that will receive and store drone delivered packages. It’s a smart, internet connected, drone helipad that can recharge, transfer files, and monitor a drone’s status while automatically receiving, storing, and securing packages.
- PreFlight Aviation Camp was founded in 2015 by Liz Duca in San Marcos, Texas. PreFlight Aviation Camp is for pre-teen and teenage girls. Their mission is to break stereotypes and inspire more girls to join the aviation industry. Classes are taught by female pilots who empower campers by relating aviation topics to broader life lessons.
- Sonin Aerospace was founded in 2016 by Curtis Foster in Atlanta, Georgia. Sonin created In-Flight Recharging System (IRFS) that allows Sonin’s Ranger drone to stay in the air for hours, days, and even weeks.
- TakeFlight Interactive was founded in 2015 by Brandon Seltz in Seattle, Washington. TakeFlight develops an interactive flight-training platform that provides virtual instruction on a variety of simulation hardware. TakeFlight leverages game-design techniques to drive engagement and lower time to mastery, creating safer pilots in less time at dramatically reduced costs.
- Tellus Aerospace was founded in 2016 by Russell Kirkman in San Jose, California. Tellus Aerospace has designed an acoustic liner that reduces the noise of the airplane’s engine significantly.
About AeroInnovate: Founded in 2007, AeroInnovate helps aviation and aerospace entrepreneurs from across the globe start and grow aero-related businesses and bring related new technologies to the marketplace. The program goal is to facilitate the alignment of passionate, successful investors and industry leaders with the best aviation-related opportunities in the world. AeroInnovate is a program of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Business Success Center and is partially funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Defense – Office of Economic Adjustment. For more information on AeroInnovate, visit aeroinnovate.org.
AeroInnovate Virtual Accelerator Applications Due April 14
Virtual Accelerator 2017 Due Date for Applications is April 14th. AeroInnovate is currently looking for companies to take part of their 2017 virtual accelerator program. They are looking for start-up companies that have created a product that will innovate aviation.
AeroInnovate offers their expertise in a multitude of areas to help your company grow. Their goal is to help bring your product to the market in a professional manner while innovating the aerospace industry.
Applicants should apply to the accelerator program by April 14th.
AeroInnovate will go then through applications and pick the five companies whom they think with excel in their program along with innovate. They will chose the five companies April 17th-May 5th.
They will announce the five companies that will be participating in the program May 5th.
Once the applicants are chose, the eight-week virtual accelerator program will begin on June 2nd.
The virtual accelerator will occur from June 2nd to July 30th.
Then the five companies will need to be at EAA Oshkosh from July 21st-July 30th. For three days (July 21st-23rd), students will have the chance to practice their pitch. Once the companies feel prepared, they will present their product at the pitch & mingle of EAA in front of investors on July 25th.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
VIRTUAL ACCELERATOR PROGRAM APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN FOR 2017
OSHKOSH, WISCONSIN (Jan. 26, 2017) – AeroInnovate, an aviation accelerator program that operates under the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Business Success Center, announced they are now accepting applications to their 2017 virtual business accelerator program for start-up companies within the aviation and aerospace industry.
The virtual business accelerator program is an eight-week course beginning June 2 and culminating at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh the week of July 24 – 30. The unique program offers access to a research center, mentorship, highly customized support and free exhibit space in the Innovation Center at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh. In addition, participants will have the opportunity to pitch their ideas to investors and aviation professionals at the 9th annual Pitch & Mingle event.
If you think you have the next great aerospace or aviation idea, please apply at: https://www.f6s.com/aeroinnovateacceleratorprogram-2017
AeroInnovate has been a resource for aerospace and aviation entrepreneurs since 2007. Over the years AeroInnovate has provided multiple targeted programs and workshops at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh. The annual Pitch and Mingle event during EAA AirVenture Oshkosh has drawn hundreds of investors with a passion for aerospace and aviation. AeroInnovate provides access to capital, expertise, and mentorship.
About AeroInnovate: Founded in 2007, AeroInnovate helps aviation and aerospace entrepreneurs from across the globe start and grow aero-related businesses and bring related new technologies to the marketplace. The program goal is to facilitate the alignment of passionate, successful investors and industry leaders with the best aviation-related opportunities in the world. AeroInnovate is part of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Business Success Center. For more information on AeroInnovate, visit aeroinnovate.org.
Congratulations to our new director, Steve Slocum! Read about Steve at UW-Oshkosh Today!